Home Forums Businessx Free Slider

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  vinodtunni 12 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

vinodtunni
    Participant

Hi,

I am using this theme for my website http://www.lawkam.org/. Currently, I am displaying the latest posts with pagination as Home Page. But i also want to use the slider alongwith latest posts without disturbing the present look and feel of the website. My question is how to use the slider along with latest posts with pagination as Home page.

Regards;
    Vinod Unni

admin
    Keymaster

The slider provided by Businessx can’t be moved in the blog view, but you can add another slider if you want.

Install Meta slider plugin, https://wordpress.org/plugins/ml-slider/ and create a slider.

After that you need to edit a file:

#1. If you’re using a child theme:

1. Create this folders structure in the child theme’s folder: ../partials/headings/
    2. Then go in the parent theme’s folder,/partials/headings/ and copy index-heading-full-width.php
    3. Paste that file in the newly created folder structure
    4. Open/edit the file from the child theme and add the following code:

before the <header id="top-header" class="grid-wra... add these lines:

and after </header> add this code: <?php } ?>

In the above code you only need to change [metaslider id=1861] with the shortcode provided by your metaslider.

#2 If you’re not using a child theme, skip those steps 1-3 and add the code provided at step 4 in ../partials/headings/index-heading-full-width.php. Also, in this case any changes you make will be lost on theme update. That’s why a child theme is important.

• This reply was modified 12 months ago by  admin.

admin
    Keymaster

Also, make sure when you create a slider that you select the Stretch option in Advanced settings. It will make the slider full width.

vinodtunni
    Participant

Hi;

Sorry i am not using Child Theme and not familiar with php functions. I can’t find <header id="top-header" class="grid-wra in the edit themes. In which file i can find the above code.

Regards;
    Vinod Unni

admin
    Keymaster

I am going to try one last time. In the theme editor, open Main Index Template, find: businessx_get_heading_templ( 'index', 'full-width' );

and replace that line with:

I am sorry you’re having troubles following the steps, but I can’t explain it more clearer. It’s a lot of custom work and a feature that doesn’t come with the theme. Also, you can break things

You can try https://www.fiverr.com/categories/programming-tech/wordpress-services and have someone else do it for you for a few dollars.

vinodtunni
    Participant

Thank You very much. It works perfectly……….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.