Home Forums Businessx Free Portfolio and Blog sections as a separate page

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sbonini 1 year ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

sbonini
    Participant

Hi,

I would like to have all my portfolio projects and blog posts in two separate pages, but I can only seem to be able to add them on the front page as a section (and then click on one project or blog post and go to that particular page).

Is there a way to have the portfolio and blog sections as two separate pages where you can see all the projects and blog posts at once? Just like a regular blog or portfolio page.

Thanks,
    Sabrina

admin
    Keymaster

The blog page can be created if you go to Settings > Reading and select a page for Posts page:. For example, you can create a page called Blog and select it in that option.

The portfolio page can be created using the page template Portfolio Page. For example, you create a page called Portfolio and select that page template for it.

sbonini
    Participant

Thanks for that.

I managed to make the Blog page work, but not the Portfolio. Well, it does work but I don’t know how to change the header (which at the moment is saying ?Archives: Projects) or have the projects in picture view (like the front page section shows them) rather than post view (like the blog page shows the current posts available).

Is there a way to change that? When I create the Portfolio page and preview it, it shows as per the front page section, with the project pictures and the title and in two columns and the header only says Projects. But when I save it and publish it, and then add the url to the menu buttons so they direct to this new page, it turns into the below:

Screenshot

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  sbonini.

admin
    Keymaster

Create another page, with another title than Portfolio. Try Portfolio Gallery.

sbonini
    Participant

Cool, it’s working now, but I have one last issue… (I hope!).

I can’t add an image to the Blog page header. I am uploading it to that page and it shows as uploaded with no issues, but when I preview it or save and update the page and go view it, it is not showing the image. This does not happen with the Portfolio page, only with the Blog one.

Any ideas?!

Thanks!
    S

admin
    Keymaster

The Portfolio page is a bug with the theme, found it and fixed it, you’ll be able to use the /portfolio/ part of the url without setting up a page.

As for the blog issue, when you select the page from Settings > Reading, the selected page doesn’t act as a normal page and doesn’t inherit the featured image. To add a image you need to use the Custom header feature located in Customizer > Settings > Header, somewhere at the bottom.

sbonini
    Participant

OK, well it works as a page so I’m gonna leave it as is.

And thanks for the Blog issue, it works perfectly now 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.