Home Forums JustWrite Free H1 instead of H2 ( post titles)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  cmiles 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

fnonzone
    Participant

First of all, you’ve created an amazing theme. clean, simple, yet full of functions, really good job.
    But, when playing with some css codes to make it ( RTL support) i found that all posts meta tags are (h2) not ( h1) and that is so ban when talking about SEO!!
    also the home page title ( logo ) have no meta tag but (title) not even (h2) !!
    I hope you find solution for me please ^__^

admin
    Keymaster

Hi! It’s also bad for SEO to have multiple H1 tags on the homepage. If you want to change for single view (article) you will need to open ../post-templates/content-single.php, find:

<?php the_title( '<h2 class="title">', '</h2>' ); ?>

replace with:

<?php the_title( '<h1 class="title">', '</h1>' ); ?>

As for the logo, you will need to open header.php, find:

<div class="logo<?php ac_logo_class(); ?>"> and </div><!-- END .logo -->

replace div with h1 or h2

Happy Holidays! Remember to use a child theme 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by  admin.

fnonzone
    Participant

I’ve already changed the post title tags, but now if i wanna change the logo tag ( div ) with ( h1 ) it will be fine in just home page, but in single posts there will be two (h1) tag ( the logo + post titles ) ,,, for now i just changed the post titles with (h1) tag ,, so the right question is :
    Is there any way to make the logo have the (h1) tag only in home page & ( h2) in every single post or page ?

admin
    Keymaster

You can try and replace <div class="logo<?php ac_logo_class(); ?>"> with:

and </div><!-- END .logo --> with:

fnonzone
    Participant

It works ^__^ thanks for your fast reply & amazing support.

I’ve another ques to ask & i hope you’ll find solution ( i think you will) , I’m going to add em all in one post.
    thanks again.

cmiles
    Participant

Hi. I’m new here- and wanted to send a thanks to the team that put together this great theme, I am using some of the features sparingly- and teamed cache and content delivery network my page load times are quite low- so thanks.

That said- I came here with the same issue as Fronzone- and was glad to see it addressed so quickly following his/her post. , I’ve now made a similar change as the the current “Title as H2” fails the SEO testers. I also thought that the ideal of the H tags was to structure a page like an outline- H1 your main overall point, H2 the sub point, H3 a sub point of the previous H2 and so forth.

Was there a specific reason why you folks chose to code this theme the way you did? By optimizing for the SEO tests, am I losing something elsewhere?

On a related note (and I’ll be glad to create or follow a new thread if ncessary) Why do the headers show up in the post synopsis/precis on the home page? Sometimes it’s hard to write a header that works as a first sentence.

Thanks again for the crisp and readable theme.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  cmiles.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  cmiles.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.