Home Forums Businessx Free Embedding a video

Tagged: 

This topic contains 28 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  dsp 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

airulafiq
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m just started using your theme. Nice work!

I just wondering how can i embedd a youtube video into any section in the front page? I really appreciate if you guys can help. Thanks!

admin
    Keymaster

Unfortunately it’s not possible to add Youtube videos by default.

You can try this, it will work with the Actions section. In your functions.php (I highly recommed you use a child theme for this), add these lines at the bottom

After that you add an action in the Actions section and in the “Text” textarea field you paste your Youtube embed code.

You can also add some text bellow the embed code if you want. Just don’t use the image field in that widget because it will remove the center alignment.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  admin.

airulafiq
    Participant

Hi thanks for the quick reply. It works! Thanks a lot.

CalebBrowneBeats
    Participant

Hi, whenever I use the code you provided, the video shows, but only action boxes on the front page show as well and that creates a problem. Whenever I add the code to my php, above the //Enque thing or below it, it only allows the actions boxes to show. Yet when I revert back to my regular php, it is fine again. What am I doing wrong?

admin
    Keymaster

You’re pasting the Youtube code in the textfield the wrong way (I think you forgot to close the tags, </iframe> at the end):

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/videoseries?list=PLVCXjYJTv8y1PSs9InUcgKdhpeQ0Aodu6" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

should be:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/videoseries?list=PLVCXjYJTv8y1PSs9InUcgKdhpeQ0Aodu6" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CalebBrowneBeats
    Participant

I am new to this and most likely adding it in the functions.php wrong? You said add it to the bottom, so I added it like this.

am I suppose to add it like this?

admin
    Keymaster

Add the PHP code at the bottom of functions.php.

You’re either copy/pasting it in the wrong place or you’re not pasting the right/full PHP code.

I can’t help you more than that, the code works, it was tested by me and the original topic author.

CalebBrowneBeats
    Participant

I meant to post a new post but it edited the 6th one. Could you review that. Do you think that word pad (the notepad I am using to edit the code) is adding that weird symbol to the code on transfer in place of the apostrophes and that is what is causing what I am receiving?.

and by replacing the actions in the code below, would it be possible to add this feature to the features section, or is the answer no because the features section doesn’t allow html texts? if( ! function_exists( ‘bxext_section_actions_allowed_html’ ) ) {
    function bxext_section_actions_allowed_html( $allowed_html ) {
    $new = array(
    ‘iframe’ => array(
    ‘width’ => array(),
    ‘height’ => array(),
    ‘src’ => array(),
    ‘frameborder’ => array(),
    ‘allowfullscreen’ => true
    ),
    );

return array_merge( $allowed_html, $new );
    }
    }
    add_filter( ‘businessx_extensions_actions_item___allowed_html’, ‘bxext_section_actions_allowed_html’);

Kalpita
    Participant

Sir Really this code not working

admin
    Keymaster

Use the WP Administration Panel > Appearance > Editor and select Theme Functions from the right side. Copy paste the code directly at the end of that file.

The code is working, you’re adding it wrong.

Kalpita
    Participant

Sir Sorry to say but it was not working properly.
    CODE:

admin
    Keymaster

@calebbrownebeats stop using WP Super Cache on development websites, when you’re done with the website you can enable it. Until then don’t use any caching plugins.

Kalpita
    Participant

Sir Plz Check my Code

admin
    Keymaster

@kalpita you’re either not using the child theme (it’s not activated) or you’re using the wrong section (it only works with the Actions section)

CalebBrowneBeats
    Participant

– problem with this one is my sliders nor non of the other parts of my site actually show up along with this.

ah crap give me a second I will edit them into working pictures

admin
    Keymaster

can you show me a list of all the plugins you have installed and activated?

CalebBrowneBeats
    Participant

admin
    Keymaster

Don’t know what to tell you, I’ve tried the child theme configurator, made a child theme, added the code and it works just fine.

You’re obviously doing something wrong.

Try and disable Jetpack and see if it works.

Anyway, if this doesn’t work for you, I am sorry to say but don’t use it.

CalebBrowneBeats
    Participant

Well idk if post sent but I got it to work thanks.

admin
    Keymaster

@calebbrownebeats what was wrong?

CalebBrowneBeats
    Participant

I tried to send a full post on the exact steps I did, but it didn’t get sent. I think I was missing an extra chromosome or something and placed the code you linked wrong most likely. I think that is the only way it would have gone wrong because that was the only part I was confused on. But I got soundcloud and youtube to work on it.

Looking back at it, it must have been JETPACK because I had the code placed correctly. So yeah, I think jetpack screwed it over.

My last question was once I am done editing the site do I reactivate Jetpack wp cacher and sg cacher? Sg cacher I believe came with my site host, but I didn’t know if it was different from wp cacher or not. And they pushed jetpack in my face.

admin
    Keymaster

You can reactivate WP Super Cache after you’re done. Haven’t used SG Cached, so I don’t know how it works.

As for Jetpack, try and disable some of the modules it has enabled, one by one, until you see which one causes the issue.

skarb
    Participant

Hi Admin,
    How did you make the video presentation on the BX demo site…
    https://www.screencast.com/t/N8BYjfLNs0r
    Using the technique in the posts above or is it s gif image file?
    TY!

skarb
    Participant

Never mind, I see it now. Can I ask the tool used to create such a nice gif?

admin
    Keymaster

To create gifs you can use ScreenToGif 2 or licecap

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by  admin.

skarb
    Participant

Hi Admin. Thanks for the tip. Looks like we need the width to be max 1192 otherwise the .gif files act as static image files.

mooreig
    Participant

Hello Admin,

I have cycled through a number of times,

My youtube embed code continues to delete itself anytime after i click outside of the “Text” text area.

any ideas?

CalebBrowneBeats
    Participant

This happens to me as well, can we please get an update? I noticed it worked in the google maps, but I need to be able to embed with the iframe being clickable, and without an overlay on top.

dsp
    Participant

Hello Admin,
    same here: My youtube embed code continues to delete itself anytime after i click outside of the “Text” text area.
    Can you please help?
    Regards

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.