Home Forums Businessx Free Email Buttons

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  admin 1 year ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

CalebBrowneBeats
    Participant

So I am trying to create an email button to email an email for support so if someone has any questions on my website they can use it to email me. I placed it on the about me section of the front page. I am also trying to do this so that they can contact another contact email in the pricing section.

They work on mobile but it doesn’t work on laptop, so I was wondering how to fix this? I have already tryed using html5 code <a href="mailto:support@calebbrownebeats.com">Contact Us</a> and putting in the given mailto:support@calebbrownebeats.com in the button url but it doesn’t work.

admin
    Keymaster

It works on mobile because your phone comes with a preinstalled email client. You need one installed on your desktop for the link to work:

Quote:

Mailto link is a type of HTML link that activates the default mail client on the computer for sending an e-mail.

The web browser requires a default e-mail client software installed on his computer in order to activate the e-mail client.

If you have Microsoft Outlook, for example as your default mail client, pressing a mailto link will open a new mail window.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.