Home Forums JustWrite Free Add Date To Second Menu

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  edmelendez 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ankit
    Participant

Hi, I want to add date to the second menu as shown in the demo of justwrite theme. How can i implement it. I am not getting any way round. Please help. My site is techteeps.com

edmelendez
    Participant

anti I am new here. Saw your sight looks great. I registered my there. But how exactly do I addd the second navigation menu on top? Thought it might be easier to ask someone who has already done it.

Thanks!

By the way. T believe adding the clock might simply have to do with finding and adding a clock/date widget in the navigator setting.

admin
    Keymaster

Hi! Download and install the JustWrite Freebies plugin and read the documentation.

edmelendez
    Participant

Thank you I down,and and install the freebie plugins. I can now see the new menu. Looks cool. I am still having an issues with the code that needs to be added in order for the date to show in the navigations (as in the demo)

I did see the post where the admin suggested the following:

Add the following code in functions.php at the end of the file, before ?>: function ac_menu_date( $after_nav ) { $output = ‘<aside class=”date”>’ . date( ‘l, F jS, Y’ ) . ‘</aside>’; $after_nav .= $output; retur …

I am just so unfamiliar with code and how and where exactly it goes. I would really need help in where exactly to place it in the functions.php page.

Do I include everything below?

: function ac_menu_date( $after_nav ) { $output = ‘<aside class=”date”>’ . date( ‘l, F jS, Y’ ) . ‘</aside>’; $after_nav .= $output; retur …

Then where exactly would it need to be place in the function.php page?
    Or do you have a function.php page I can see where it is placed.

So sorry. Wish I knew better how to communicate my question.

Thank you.

admin
    Keymaster

You will need to add that code at the end of functions.php. There is a } at the end, press enter after it to make a new line and paste the code:

edmelendez
    Participant

Thank you!! That worked great!! Now I feel like a PHP coder!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.