Installing a WordPress theme is easy!
There are two ways to install your theme:
WordPress Theme Installer
Open the WordPress Administration Panel, click on “Appearance” and then access the “Themes” tab.
- Click on “Add new”.
- Click on “Upload”.
- Click on “Choose file” and browse until you find the zip file, themename.zip (ex: justwrite.zip).
- Select it and click on “Install Now”.
If everything goes ok, the theme should be available to activate in the “Themes” tab.
Manual FTP Upload
To upload the theme via FTP follow these steps:
- Unzip themename.zip (ex: justwrite.zip)
- Open your FTP software (ex: FileZilla) and connect to your web server. If you don’t know how to do this, please contact your web hosting provider.
- Navigate to your WordPress install, open the “wp-content” folder and then the “themes” folder.
- Now upload the unzipped folder “themename” (ex: justwrite) in the “themes” folder so that it exists in this location:
You can now activate the theme from the WordPress Administration Panel, Appearance tab.
Notice: The folder you upload should be called “themename” (ex: justwrite) and contain the
style.css file directly inside of it.